The white smoke and ringing bells announced to the world that the cardinal electors had chosen a new pope, and about an hour later, Jorge Cardinal Bergoglio took St. Peter's balcony as Pope Francis I. He has the distinction of being the first pope from the Americas, as he is an Argentinian of Italian descent. He formerly served as the head of the Jesuit order, as well as Archbishop of Buenos Aires, and is currently 75 years old. Pope John Paul II named him a cardinal. He is said to be known for his humility and devotion to simplicity, which...
In response to:
Anti-Catholic "Bible Christian" bigots spew lies that have been firmly refuted for centuries. The Catholic Church teaches to have nothing but love for Protestants. Yet some Protestant leaders insist on teaching hate. "They worship Mary... They don't follow the Bible..." blah, blah. Where did the Bible came from? It didn't drop out of the sky into Luther's lap as he sat on the toilet. Where is sola scriptura in the Bible? It isn't. Must be rough basing your entire faith on something illogical on its face. The clearly holy man of faith Pope Francis will rightly pray for anti-Catholic haters from all sides. The sheer beauty of today must indeed be hard for them.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014