The white smoke and ringing bells announced to the world that the cardinal electors had chosen a new pope, and about an hour later, Jorge Cardinal Bergoglio took St. Peter's balcony as Pope Francis I. He has the distinction of being the first pope from the Americas, as he is an Argentinian of Italian descent. He formerly served as the head of the Jesuit order, as well as Archbishop of Buenos Aires, and is currently 75 years old. Pope John Paul II named him a cardinal. He is said to be known for his humility and devotion to simplicity, which...
In response to:
Anti-Catholic "Bible Christian" bigots spew lies that have been firmly refuted for centuries. The Catholic Church teaches to have nothing but love for Protestants. Yet some Protestant leaders insist on teaching hate. "They worship Mary... They don't follow the Bible..." blah, blah. Where did the Bible came from? It didn't drop out of the sky into Luther's lap as he sat on the toilet. Where is sola scriptura in the Bible? It isn't. Must be rough basing your entire faith on something illogical on its face. The clearly holy man of faith Pope Francis will rightly pray for anti-Catholic haters from all sides. The sheer beauty of today must indeed be hard for them.
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 28 minutes ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago