The white smoke and ringing bells announced to the world that the cardinal electors had chosen a new pope, and about an hour later, Jorge Cardinal Bergoglio took St. Peter's balcony as Pope Francis I. He has the distinction of being the first pope from the Americas, as he is an Argentinian of Italian descent. He formerly served as the head of the Jesuit order, as well as Archbishop of Buenos Aires, and is currently 75 years old. Pope John Paul II named him a cardinal. He is said to be known for his humility and devotion to simplicity, which...
In response to:
Anti-Catholic "Bible Christian" bigots spew lies that have been firmly refuted for centuries. The Catholic Church teaches to have nothing but love for Protestants. Yet some Protestant leaders insist on teaching hate. "They worship Mary... They don't follow the Bible..." blah, blah. Where did the Bible came from? It didn't drop out of the sky into Luther's lap as he sat on the toilet. Where is sola scriptura in the Bible? It isn't. Must be rough basing your entire faith on something illogical on its face. The clearly holy man of faith Pope Francis will rightly pray for anti-Catholic haters from all sides. The sheer beauty of today must indeed be hard for them.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago