New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
Well he cant be allowing guns to be used for good or else they would not be able to use the opportunity to grab our guns. if the principle had a gun and stopped any of the gunman. Bloomburg would be right back to were he was the frustrating day that it came out that the 19 bystanders shot in front of Rockefeller plaza this summer were all shot by police that just sprayed and prayed as they shot any random person that moved. and only one person was shot by the gun man. And bloomburg had to cancel is press conference to call for banning all guns.
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 42 mins ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago