There's just one little problem. Somehow, whenever the two parties work together, they end up spending a lot of other people's money. The Agriculture Reform, Food and Jobs...
For those of you who do not understand farm subsidies, I will briefly explain in my non-farmer dialog (since I'm not a farmer). Any business that is not a farm, medical facility or law enforcement/military service is NOT NEEDED. If all shoe companies go out of business, we go without shoes, but we still survive. If all insurance or phone companies go under, we go without phones & insurance, but we still survive. If our farms go out of business, most of us will starve to death. The corruption is not on the farm, it's in our government. Someone in government makes money or is guaranteed employment every time a subsidy goes out the door of any kind. Banks & Oil companies get the best subsidies, & banks produce nothing but debt.
Every once in a while, Democrats and Republicans can work together. Witness Thursday's 90-8 vote to bring a "bipartisan reform" farm bill before the Senate. In the expectation that the bill will garner the necessary 60 votes, the House Agriculture Committee has changed its schedule to allow a floor debate on the measure in July. The White House applauded. This is Washington's version of the dawning of the Age of Aquarius.
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 29 minutes ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 13 hours ago