Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
It ain't "torture" if they can dip your head in some water and a half an hour later you could be laughing at a TV with a beer without a scratch and none worst for wear. People and reporters better read up on war history to see what REAL torture is!
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago