Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
It ain't "torture" if they can dip your head in some water and a half an hour later you could be laughing at a TV with a beer without a scratch and none worst for wear. People and reporters better read up on war history to see what REAL torture is!
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 19 hours ago