Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
It ain't "torture" if they can dip your head in some water and a half an hour later you could be laughing at a TV with a beer without a scratch and none worst for wear. People and reporters better read up on war history to see what REAL torture is!
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 18 hours ago