Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
It ain't "torture" if they can dip your head in some water and a half an hour later you could be laughing at a TV with a beer without a scratch and none worst for wear. People and reporters better read up on war history to see what REAL torture is!
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 mins ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 58 mins ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago