Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
It ain't "torture" if they can dip your head in some water and a half an hour later you could be laughing at a TV with a beer without a scratch and none worst for wear. People and reporters better read up on war history to see what REAL torture is!
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Video: Hatchet-wielding attacker has “Islamic extremist leanings” Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Obama: Hey Georgia, do me a solid and elect Michelle Nunn Guy Benson 12 hours ago