Most all NYC junior highs and elementary schools have long had a security guard if not an outright police officer near the premises like the high schools do, so why the derision towards the NRA’s suggestion? There are enough retiree law enforcement to do it for small towns even as a volunteer force, like the fire department. Security in many schools is no great shakes and far more immediate and effective than any feel-good gun ban. Had Dems brought this recommendation up the media would go into rapture applauding it. Also, what that newspaper did by getting on its high moral horse and violating one’s privacy is despicable, yet MSNBC applauds it? What other rights is ripe for them to take down just to defend a wannabe dictator??
On Christmas Eve, seven people were shot in the city of Chicago. The media made little mention of the shootings, since they're now routine in Chicago -- the city has seen some 500 shootings in 2012 alone. The vast majority of the shooters are black, and the vast majority of the victims are black. Many of the victims are under the age of 18: Anton Sanders, 15, shot on Jan. 20; Deshun Winfert, 15, shot on Feb. 5; Damion Rolle, 14, shot on Feb. 21; George Howard and Albert Guyton, both 15, shot on Feb. 27 and Feb. 28; the list...
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 41 mins ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Journalist quits Ferguson after denouncing the media’s behavior Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Ben Rhodes: We won’t necessarily limit our airstrikes against ISIS to Iraq Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- CNN source: Darren Wilson didn’t suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Israel takes out three top Hamas commanders after cease-fire violation Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago