As documented on the Durham County, N.C., website, the position of sheriff originated in England more than 1,000 years ago, known then as a shire-reeve, who was "the steward of the King's estates, guardian of the peace, judge and jury of the Shire County (county court) and was the local agent of...
I lived in Phoenix for a year back in 2002-2003 and I admired Sheriff Joe for what he has done for Maricopa County. Despite what the Feds and everybody else is saying, Sheriff Joe is an elected official. The people have spoken and desire to have him as their duly elected Sheriff. Most of the Feds are not elected and therefore do NOT speak for the people. The good people of Maricopa county have spoken and basically told the Feds, GO AWAY and let us run our county. Eric Holder and company should all be fired and replaced with someone that guarantees our rights, not takes them away.
For many, the term "sheriff" conjures up images of the Old West. A few may consider a sheriff to have some form of outdated and obsolete political office. But for me and countless other patriots across our nation, a sheriff is the epitome of good and necessary county law enforcement.
- Attkisson: CBS News too “ideologically entrenched” to air stories critical of the Obama administration Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 20 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 22 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit Apr 20, 2014