If his beliefs were hidden then how can anyone say with accuracy what he thought? Obviously they cannot and all the sentimentalizing about how Lincoln felt about Blacks is nothing anyone can rely on. It's nothing but feel good thinking. It's not history.
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Is the world giving up on a two-state solution? Noah Rothman 38 minutes ago
- Are the culture wars really just about sex? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- “A**holes”: Turns out Lois Lerner’s not a fan of conservative talk radio or its listeners Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- AP poll: 52% say border kids fleeing gang violence shouldn’t be treated as refugees Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- As Jews flee Europe, the sneering media admonished again Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Rebound: Q2 GDP hits 4% Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago