If his beliefs were hidden then how can anyone say with accuracy what he thought? Obviously they cannot and all the sentimentalizing about how Lincoln felt about Blacks is nothing anyone can rely on. It's nothing but feel good thinking. It's not history.
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 43 mins ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: This is the man a malaise-stricken America needs right now Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- NYT: After six weeks of U.S. airstrikes, ISIS has “scarcely budged” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- McCain: I was pals with Mark Udall’s dad so I can’t bring myself to campaign for Cory Gardner Allahpundit 4 hours ago