Thanks for the laugh, and to the others as well who are having great difficulty accepting the truth. I'm enjoying the rationalizations and the bigotry too. (Milt37 "...drunken, stupid rednecks...) Perhaps you or one of the others can explain why the North was still conducting the Arfrican slave trade right up into that war? The Northern abolitionists weren't clamoring for an end to that abomination. Why? How about explaining why Lincoln was for the western territories be reserved for free whites ONLY? You history 'experts' do know that the North had slavery too, don't you? Also you know that the North emancipated slaves in a way that ensured that slave owners didn't lose money and it was done gradually, right?
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014