Thanks for the laugh, and to the others as well who are having great difficulty accepting the truth. I'm enjoying the rationalizations and the bigotry too. (Milt37 "...drunken, stupid rednecks...) Perhaps you or one of the others can explain why the North was still conducting the Arfrican slave trade right up into that war? The Northern abolitionists weren't clamoring for an end to that abomination. Why? How about explaining why Lincoln was for the western territories be reserved for free whites ONLY? You history 'experts' do know that the North had slavery too, don't you? Also you know that the North emancipated slaves in a way that ensured that slave owners didn't lose money and it was done gradually, right?
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 43 minutes ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago