Thanks for the laugh, and to the others as well who are having great difficulty accepting the truth. I'm enjoying the rationalizations and the bigotry too. (Milt37 "...drunken, stupid rednecks...) Perhaps you or one of the others can explain why the North was still conducting the Arfrican slave trade right up into that war? The Northern abolitionists weren't clamoring for an end to that abomination. Why? How about explaining why Lincoln was for the western territories be reserved for free whites ONLY? You history 'experts' do know that the North had slavery too, don't you? Also you know that the North emancipated slaves in a way that ensured that slave owners didn't lose money and it was done gradually, right?
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 2 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 11 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 12 hours ago