Thanks for the laugh, and to the others as well who are having great difficulty accepting the truth. I'm enjoying the rationalizations and the bigotry too. (Milt37 "...drunken, stupid rednecks...) Perhaps you or one of the others can explain why the North was still conducting the Arfrican slave trade right up into that war? The Northern abolitionists weren't clamoring for an end to that abomination. Why? How about explaining why Lincoln was for the western territories be reserved for free whites ONLY? You history 'experts' do know that the North had slavery too, don't you? Also you know that the North emancipated slaves in a way that ensured that slave owners didn't lose money and it was done gradually, right?
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago