We wrote about the extreme 2012 Democratic platform this morning, noting that it excludes God and Jerusalem, yet includes taxpayer-funded late term abortion. Even the media found these decisions slightly unusual, leading to a noisy chorus of criticism that eventually built to a critical mass. The decision was made to uproot the platform and undo the controversial language and omissions. The problem? The platform was formally adopted yesterday. Democratic officials couldn't just quietly tweak the document behind closed doors; they had to put the modified platform up for another vote. When they did so, chaos erupted. In three separate...
In response to:
This was a travesty. It only compounded tyhe idiocy of this Party in it attempt to ALLOW OBAMA TO "TRANSFORM AMERICA". Even though the creaction to the platform as passed was so strongly outrageous it required an Amendment- they had to shove the amendment down the convention attendees throut. They got a 2/3 vote? Yea! and Obama is truthful- with only good intentions for America!- HA! God and Israel are not at all important to Obama and everybody saw that when the platform was approved. The Amendments onlyv underscored the extent to which this party is at best unwilling to place uniquivical importance on our historic belief in God and the importance of Israel as an ally. How can or do religious Christians and Jews support Obama?
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 14 minutes ago
- Feinstein: CIA snooped on secure Congressional network Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Crimea parliament to declare independence after annexation referendum Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CNN reports ObamaCare approval “rebounding” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago