We wrote about the extreme 2012 Democratic platform this morning, noting that it excludes God and Jerusalem, yet includes taxpayer-funded late term abortion. Even the media found these decisions slightly unusual, leading to a noisy chorus of criticism that eventually built to a critical mass. The decision was made to uproot the platform and undo the controversial language and omissions. The problem? The platform was formally adopted yesterday. Democratic officials couldn't just quietly tweak the document behind closed doors; they had to put the modified platform up for another vote. When they did so, chaos erupted. In three separate...
In response to:
This was a travesty. It only compounded tyhe idiocy of this Party in it attempt to ALLOW OBAMA TO "TRANSFORM AMERICA". Even though the creaction to the platform as passed was so strongly outrageous it required an Amendment- they had to shove the amendment down the convention attendees throut. They got a 2/3 vote? Yea! and Obama is truthful- with only good intentions for America!- HA! God and Israel are not at all important to Obama and everybody saw that when the platform was approved. The Amendments onlyv underscored the extent to which this party is at best unwilling to place uniquivical importance on our historic belief in God and the importance of Israel as an ally. How can or do religious Christians and Jews support Obama?
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 19 minutes ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 59 minutes ago
- Be of good cheer, subjects: An heir to the throne is due Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Megan McArdle goes off on suspicious Census Bureau/Obamacare methodology switch Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Chris Christie on punishing drug users: If we’re going to be pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the way Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The encore ObamaCare victory lap after the not-a-deadline-extension Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago