Cast your mind back to last summer, when virtually every Left-leaning politician and columnist in the country was denouncing House Republicans for "holding the country hostage" to their Tea Party demands, or whatever. Many, including the Vice President, ramped up the rhetoric by comparing the GOP to terrorists. At stake was whether Congress would secure dollar-for-dollar offsets to President Obama latest debt ceiling increase request. Democrats -- who at first insisted on a "clean" debt increase with no strings attached -- eventually demanded a deal that included huge tax increases. Republicans refused. Many painful machinations and meetings later,...
Romney's campaign and all serious minded Republicans who seek to end Obama's radical admini9stration and it's damaging agenda need to make this"FISCAL CLIFF" issue a major focus for this election. I PROPOSE A BROAD BASED ANNOUNCEMENT BY ROMNEY, WITH PARTICIPATION AND SUPPORT FROM THE CONGRESSIONAL LEADERSHIP OF REPUBLICANS AND THE THE RNC, THAT THE DEMOCRATS PLAN'S FOR TAXES SHOULD NOT EVEN BE CONSIDERED BEFORE THE ELECTION BECAUSE EVEN DEMOCRATS WERE TO FORCE THE END OF "bush tax cuts" THE ELECTION MUST BRING REPUBLICANS TO WASHINGTON. REPUBLICAN POLICY INITIATIVES WILL NOT ONLY RESTORE TAX CUTS BUT SIMPLIFY AND RATIONALIZE THE TAX CODE AND PROVIDE FOR A PRIVATE ECONOMY GROWTH PROGRAM..
- “Machete-wielding mob” hinders Ebola relief effort Jazz Shaw 32 mins ago
- WaPo factchecker to Grimes: You should be ashamed of yourself Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Crumble: Wendy Davis trails by 16, down two among women, leads by just two with Latinos Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Circular firing squad: Democrats ready to dump on Obama if they lose the Senate Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- US training Syrian opposition for defense only against ISIS Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 3 hours ago