I don't believe in an inheritance tax. If wealth is built over time from earnings that have been taxed by our government, then that is where their take should end. Just because someone builds up wealth does not mean it belongs to the government or any part of it. It should be allowed to be passed tax free from one generation to another without any government involvement. Anything more is simply government theft.
How do you suppose the courts would view a letter from a teacher to her students ending with the wording, “I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection and blessing of the common Father and Creator of man”? A little awkward for 21st Century English, but this is how Thomas Jefferson ended a letter that he wrote in January of 1802. Was Jefferson acting in violation of the U.S. Constitution by...
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago