Hubbard's observation reminded me of my 1972 job interview...
Continued... Selection of the fittest occurred in Africa when slaves were captured. The strongest and healthiest were targeted by slave traders, foreign and tribal. If you removed the population from any society that shared a particular characteristic, then that characteristic would be enhanced in your gene pool and it would diminish in the remaining gene pool for that society. If you add in the effect of the conditions to which slaves were subjected, many of the weaker, unhealthy victims died on slave ships en route to the Americas. Those captured which were weaker, less physically robust were unintentionally removed from the gene pool by death from the harsh conditions. Continue....
Jon Hubbard, a Republican member of the Arkansas House of Representatives, has a book, titled "Letters to the Editor: Confessions of a Frustrated Conservative." Among its statements for which Hubbard has been criticized and disavowed by the Republican Party is, "The institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise. The blacks who could endure those conditions and circumstances would someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of the Earth."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 12 hours ago