If you don't have health insurance it's probably for two main reasons. The first being that you can't afford it or two, you're a healthy young person who doesn't feel like they need it at this point in life. Others may not have health insurance due to lack of employer coverage. Regardless, under new ObamaCare rules lacking health insurance results in a large ObamaCare fine/tax, something that forces people to pay for something they can't afford and young people to pay for something they don't need. Not to mention, when people are paying a fine and not receiving healthcare insurance...
Most Americans receive their insurance coverage through their employer. Most private health care insurance companies survive from their employer health care plans. And so we come to the crutch of the matter. "...71 of the 100 companies in the Fortune 100 list of large corporations and finds that all of them would save considerable amounts of money by dropping their health care coverage instead of complying with the Obamacare insurance mandate." This is the trigger in Obamacare that ensures the demise of our private health care system and will usher in a governmental one-payer system. When employers drop their private insurance on employees, the government will have to insure those people and private insurance companies will cease to exist
- Video: Doctor quarantined in California after return from Liberia Ed Morrissey 26 mins ago
- Science: Nobel Prize-winning doctor backs Christie’s quarantine plan Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- The middle class can’t afford to live in liberal cities Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- In two New York districts, two trouncings to warm your heart Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- TSA confiscates a toy ray-gun belt buckle. Because security. Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago