Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
Obama didn't like S-B, that's why he never implimented any of it. He just created that commission to appear as if he was doing something about our debt. He never had any intentions of adopting their recommendations. It was a farse.
- David Brooks: What America needs now is a stronger presidency with “unified authority” Allahpundit 21 minutes ago
- Iranians have a fit, walk out of ‘technical’ talks after U.S. blacklists sanctions-evaders Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- The dream is alive: Huckabee thinking of running in 2016 Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Chinese naval vessel tries to stop US Navy vessel in the South China Sea Steve Eggleston 2 hours ago
- Poll: Majority recognize common sense, realize Keystone XL is a fake controversy Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Obama administration considering support for Islamists in Syria? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago