This could make for one hell of a drinking game. Step one: Republicans propose an idea that high-ranking Democrats have explicitly supported in the very recent past. Step two: Democrats unceremoniously dump all over the idea, calling it "unacceptable," "dead on arrival," or whatever the dismissive pejorative of the day may be. Step three: Drink (and I've got just the beverage in mind for this occasion). The trouble is that by this stage in our interminable cliff charade, everyone involved would be too wasted to negotiate any further -- which actually might not be the worst thing in...
Obama wants to raise taxes on everyone including the "middle class", something he has promised not to do in his last two elections. Going over the "fiscal cliff" is the only way to do that while blaming it on Republicans. He wants more spending money and resources for that money are getting scarcer. If he goes over the cliff he can make huge cuts in our military and increase revenues, which he will spend not pay down the debt, by billions of dollars. It's a spend thing for him.
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 22 minutes ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: Republican voters back immigration reform? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- LeBron James becomes first person ever to leave Miami for Cleveland voluntarily Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago