After Obama won re-election, there was extensive discussion among his supporters about whether the Republican "fever" would, in fact, break. Would the fiscal cliff negotiations, which resulted in the GOP accepting a tax increase on the nation's highest earners, do the trick? If not,...
In response to:
Here's my YO!
Nine months ago, Barack Obama likened his Republican opposition to an illness. If he could just defeat Mitt Romney, Obama said, then the illness might subside. "I believe that if we're successful in this election -- when we're successful in this election -- that the fever may break," Obama told a fundraiser in Minneapolis last June.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 20 mins ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 10 hours ago