After Obama won re-election, there was extensive discussion among his supporters about whether the Republican "fever" would, in fact, break. Would the fiscal cliff negotiations, which resulted in the GOP accepting a tax increase on the nation's highest earners, do the trick? If not,...
In response to:
If Republicans won the high ground on the sequester, you can bet that Obama will not dwell on it. Republicans likewise do not need to spend any time patting themselves on the back and crowing. Obama is looking ahead at future confrontations with Republicans and how he can win those. Gun control, increased taxes, assault on traditional marriage, there are many battles left to come and Republicans need to win the war, not just one battle.
Nine months ago, Barack Obama likened his Republican opposition to an illness. If he could just defeat Mitt Romney, Obama said, then the illness might subside. "I believe that if we're successful in this election -- when we're successful in this election -- that the fever may break," Obama told a fundraiser in Minneapolis last June.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 14 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 14 hours ago