After Obama won re-election, there was extensive discussion among his supporters about whether the Republican "fever" would, in fact, break. Would the fiscal cliff negotiations, which resulted in the GOP accepting a tax increase on the nation's highest earners, do the trick? If not,...
In response to:
If Republicans won the high ground on the sequester, you can bet that Obama will not dwell on it. Republicans likewise do not need to spend any time patting themselves on the back and crowing. Obama is looking ahead at future confrontations with Republicans and how he can win those. Gun control, increased taxes, assault on traditional marriage, there are many battles left to come and Republicans need to win the war, not just one battle.
Nine months ago, Barack Obama likened his Republican opposition to an illness. If he could just defeat Mitt Romney, Obama said, then the illness might subside. "I believe that if we're successful in this election -- when we're successful in this election -- that the fever may break," Obama told a fundraiser in Minneapolis last June.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago