After Obama won re-election, there was extensive discussion among his supporters about whether the Republican "fever" would, in fact, break. Would the fiscal cliff negotiations, which resulted in the GOP accepting a tax increase on the nation's highest earners, do the trick? If not,...
In response to:
If Republicans won the high ground on the sequester, you can bet that Obama will not dwell on it. Republicans likewise do not need to spend any time patting themselves on the back and crowing. Obama is looking ahead at future confrontations with Republicans and how he can win those. Gun control, increased taxes, assault on traditional marriage, there are many battles left to come and Republicans need to win the war, not just one battle.
Nine months ago, Barack Obama likened his Republican opposition to an illness. If he could just defeat Mitt Romney, Obama said, then the illness might subside. "I believe that if we're successful in this election -- when we're successful in this election -- that the fever may break," Obama told a fundraiser in Minneapolis last June.
- Oh, by the way: Obama just quietly suspended ObamaCare’s individual mandate until 2016 Allahpundit 54 minutes ago
- Video: Oh, it’s HBO! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Issa releases scathing report on Lerner Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama: Health insurance isn’t expensive – just cancel cable and phones Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Washington, Europe getting serious about Russia sanctions over Crimea? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Scarborough: FL-13 upset shows 2014 will be “historic” Dem loss Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago