The FISA Amendments Act largely exempted the federal government from having to work through a special court system in order to obtain warrants to monitor communications involving Americans. While President Obama was in the Senate, he opposed the legislation. Now that he's actually wielding the levers of...
In response to:
We need a tax on your mouth. Our government would make a fortune.
Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein has been presided over four days of committee debate over reauthorization of the FISA Amendments Act with an iron fist and incredible subordination to the Obama Administration. The FISA Amendments Act of 2008 was set to expire, but President Obama has been pushing for its un-amended reauthorization.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Report: There’s a nasty bit of the budget deal that makes tax hikes easier to pass Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- George W. sends letter of support to Alabama kicker after Iron Bowl Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Report: Top “moderate” U.S.-backed Syrian rebel general chased out of the country by jihadis Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Rand Paul: This “backwards,” “status quo” budget plan stinks, and stinks badly. Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- RNC’s plan for 2016: Fewer debates, later primaries, and a convention in June Allahpundit 12 hours ago