This is not to say that I resent or disparage female accomplishment. I admire excellence wherever...
Ms. Charen, I think you are a very, very good woman.......and very attractive to boot. I'd vote for you. Oh, and I'm a huge fan of Jean Kirkpatrick. I was very disappointed that she was not interested in running for President because I was ready to elect her the first woman to be U.S. President. I think the course of our nation may have been very different had we been blessed with her leadership. The woman was super intelligent with common sense, a rare and unusual combination for a man or woman. She served as the first UN Ambassador under Ronald Reagan and did not join the Republican party until after she had resigned that position. She was tough and the most unusual thing about her was that she generated a feeling that America was secure.
I suppose I'm a bad woman -- by today's standards that is. For some reason, I take absolutely no pride in the accomplishments of women per se. I am utterly uninspired by first women astronauts or Secretaries of State. It is of no consequence to me what percentage of the United States Senate or House of Representatives shares my chromosomes. I don't wait with gnawing impatience for America to pass the milestone of needing a fellow to fill the post of First Gentleman.
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago