What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Dr. Sowell, "Is all this a realistic prospect in the world today? Of course not! What is the most realistic prospect today is the status quo today. ....The whole point of discussing new ideas is to get people thinking about them, so that they might become realistic prospects in the future." Well here's an idea that will become reality because destiny waits for this man. Col. Allen West is the best last hope for this country and should have been our first black President. I believe he will be our next black President and allow us to drop the "black" in front of that prediction. I pray that it is a realistic prospect for our future. I can't think of anyone that embodies my beliefs more than Col. West.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Oh, by the way: Obama just quietly suspended ObamaCare’s individual mandate until 2016 Allahpundit 34 minutes ago
- Video: Oh, it’s HBO! Ed Morrissey 48 minutes ago
- Issa releases scathing report on Lerner Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama: Health insurance isn’t expensive – just cancel cable and phones Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Washington, Europe getting serious about Russia sanctions over Crimea? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Scarborough: FL-13 upset shows 2014 will be “historic” Dem loss Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago