Economists may not agree on much, but we all agree that economic output is a function of capital and labor. Ask a Keynesian, a Marxist, an Austrian, a monetarist, or any economist, and they’ll all agree that living standards are determined by the quality and quantity of these two factors of production.
So it should be very worrisome that there has been a big drop in the share of the population that is employed. Here’s a chart produced from Bureau of Labor Statistics data, showing labor force participation during the 21st Century.
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago