So called "food deserts" exist because the groceries that were stolen blind by the locals closed long ago. The supermarket industry has one of the smallest profit margins of any retailer and a high inventory shrink literally removes all profits. So the "food deserts" exist because the people who need the stores the most drove them out of business. But then progressives like Michelle Obama only see things through their utopian eyes, where all that should be...can be.
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago