So called "food deserts" exist because the groceries that were stolen blind by the locals closed long ago. The supermarket industry has one of the smallest profit margins of any retailer and a high inventory shrink literally removes all profits. So the "food deserts" exist because the people who need the stores the most drove them out of business. But then progressives like Michelle Obama only see things through their utopian eyes, where all that should be...can be.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Through the looking glass: White House that loves using anonymous sources upset at being attacked by anonymous sources Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: The angriest atheist Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Police protect Jewish students from Pro-Palestinian mob…in Boston Guy Benson 12 hours ago