So called "food deserts" exist because the groceries that were stolen blind by the locals closed long ago. The supermarket industry has one of the smallest profit margins of any retailer and a high inventory shrink literally removes all profits. So the "food deserts" exist because the people who need the stores the most drove them out of business. But then progressives like Michelle Obama only see things through their utopian eyes, where all that should be...can be.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago