Tea Party: Learn From Al Gore

JiminGA Wrote: Jul 10, 2014 8:32 AM
The self appointed spokesperson for the GOP establishment speaks. Those who favor following election laws and conservative policies yawn. But then, there are books to be sold, right?
I always wait for Lauper to speak on anything before forming my own opinion. After all, hers is always a balanced appraisal of social, domestic and foreign policy.

The 1911 Pistol

JiminGA Wrote: Jul 04, 2014 3:50 PM
Good article. Soldiers have long complained the 9MM has inadequate stopping power, particularly in situations where the enemy is wearing lots of clothing or a vest. Hopefully, re-adopting the 1911 will correct that problem. It's also a good sidearm for LEO's, carried on an equipment belt. But not so much for civilian concealed carry. It's very big and very heavy, which is why polymer frame models are so popular. I carry a 12 year old Gen3 Glock 17...it's also big and fairly heavy with a 17 round mag but I'm 6'-5" and 225 lbs. The 1911 also has lots of edges and possible drawing snags that lessen its appeal as a CC weapon. The author says the military won't consider a "plastic" gun but 65% of LEO's might disagree. Me too. My old Glock has run 1,000's of rounds and other than some holster wear at the muzzle still looks and operates like new. And now that many Glocks are made in the USA they should be considered. A small correction to the article which says the Barettas are Italian. Yes, Baretta is an Italian company (the oldest firearms maker in the world) but the military 9's are made in Accocreek, MD.

U.S. Economy Poised for Stronger Growth

JiminGA Wrote: Jun 27, 2014 8:36 AM
Did the Obama administration hijack Morici's column? Or has pot become legal in MD? 1. Record low labor participation rate 2. Declining wages 3. Record student loan debt 4. Exploding sub-prime lending in credit cards and autos 5. Home sales above $750K growing, middle class sales collapsing 6. Exploding energy and food prices Peter, I'm looking for investors for my new unicorn ranch. How about getting in on the ground floor?

Obama Gets GDP Bassackward

JiminGA Wrote: Jun 26, 2014 9:17 AM
Several years ago I chaired a fairly large industry convention where it was a tradition to have an "economist" speak. He was pretty well known and respected. I took notes on his comments and predictions. The next year I was asked to chair the same convention and broke tradition by inviting the same "economist" to speak. I compared the second speech to the first and realized the truth behind the saying "what the world needs now is a one armed economist". Of course the saying refers to "economists" making predictions based on a set of assumptions and then saying "on the other hand this is what will happen with another set of assumptions". "Economist" is not a profession, but it is SWAG embodied.

A Questionable Game of 'Shut Up' on Iraq

JiminGA Wrote: Jun 25, 2014 10:51 AM
So we should ignore all members of Congress who voted for the Iraq war, regardless of party, and only listen to biased members of the liberal media? Yeah, right.
Maybe we should call them accidental tourists.
So Dave's dumb advice is to give away an asset. Any other heirs will probably sue the executor for doing so. I know people who have bought timeshares and never spent a day in them, but they've traded their weeks for locations all over the world. But then asking for financial advice online is like asking for medical or legal advice the same way. I guess Dave's "cut up the credit cards" mantra has worn out and now he's giving bad executor advice.

The American Graduate

JiminGA Wrote: Jun 11, 2014 11:00 AM
The kids that hit the beaches at Normandy and Iwo Jima were fighting something they could see and kill. The current enemy is within and is harder to see because it's now systemic.

The American Graduate

JiminGA Wrote: Jun 11, 2014 10:57 AM
I appreciate Joe's optimism but it will take decades to undo the damage done to America by the socialists and RINOS in charge now. The debt, however, can never be solved except by default and that will come soon enough. The rising generation will see things they never could have imagined because the schools pretty much ignore the Great Depression. If there's any hope it's that the rising generation's kids will see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Shotguns don't use "high capacity magazines" but anti-gunners like you usually don't use facts. Most shotguns load 5+1. go ahead....Google it.