One of the great ironies of the gun control debate is that everyone who calls for gun control still wants a man with a gun protecting him. Every governor in America has armed security. You have to go through a metal detector guarded by men with guns to get into the Capitol building. Barack Obama has hundreds of Secret Service agents carrying fully automatic weapons who protect his safety. Even run-of-the-mill Democrats who want to take guns away from everyone else will unhesitatingly pick up the phone and call the police if they feel threatened -- so that a man...
I believe that as an act of good faith and a demonstration of the strength of their convictions, said hypocrites should forego armed security henceforth. That would show the rest of us that we "have nothing to fear but fear itself." PS: To satisfy my curiousity, were tanks, bazookas and machine guns on Sen. Feinstein's banned list, or was that just a bit of misdirection to scare the pants off the ignorant? (I think I know the answer.)
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 13 hours ago