What was it about the Dodge' commercial, "God Made a Farmer," that stirred the souls of so many Americans during the Superbowl? Maybe it was the imagery of the dirt and grit of real America, not the white-washed concrete meccas many of us call home. Maybe for just a moment we were unplugged from our instant and superficial world and taken back to a time when we were captivated by God's creation, not what our friends were doing on Facebook. Or maybe it was just the quintessential sound of American icon, the late Paul Harvey, whose voice wraps around you like...
Let's all face it, most of the problem is caused by government regulations. It started getting more costly to farm and ranch beginning in the late 50's that the small farmer who could not support his family sold out to the larger farmers, turned his part time in-town employment into a full time job and moved into town. As the family farms became fewer and fewer and the emigration to the larger cities the demand for goods and services locally caused the farmer turned full time in town employee to lose his job because his employer closed up shop and moved to a larger city. EPA may have all the stats but fail to realize they are the problem, its not because the young do not want to farm or ranch its is because EPA regs make too costly
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 4 hours ago