Earlier this month, Forbes columnist and respected conservative commentator Ralph Benko penned an article calling for a “national conversation” following the Department of Homeland Security’s purchase of 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition. As Benko notes, this is enough ammunition to sustain a decades-long war -- not overseas, but here on American soil. Although the notion the government would use this ammo to wage a war against American citizens may be far-fetched, Benko is spot on about one thing: The Obama administration should, at the very least, be forced to explain why such a massive ammunition purchase is needed; especially at...
How about a novel idea, live up to their oaths of office each took before they were seated in congress; or is it really just and exercise they have to go through and it really means nothing in the overall scheme of things? I believe the latter.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago