There is a dirty secret about state entitlements that liberals don’t want you to know. The collection of a state pension increases the chances that a pensioner will live in poverty. That’s because money put aside for state-guaranteed benefits can not be safely invested at rates that provide for more than a modest retirement unless the state subsidizes retirement benefits through taxes or if retirement savings are invested in riskier, higher yielding investments. Since governments are loath to raise taxes to subsidize a riskless retirement, benefits are eventually reduced. It works that way in London and Moscow as well as Madison...
But, what the hell is my fair share? How much is enough? "Fair Share" is a bunch of BS, invented by the dems to intimidate the GOP, conservatives, and people who have a job and go to work! All just to turn the tables on us and say we didn't earn it, somebody else made it for you, just in his quest to buy votes. odumba should give me a number, tell me an amount I need to pay to comply with his vision. Why should I have to pay more than my neighbor does, or the guy down the street? Just because I have worked hard, invested, lived a modest lifestyle, and have a few bucks in retirement does't entitle that SOB to MORE!
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Massachusetts set to ban “upskirt” photos after court ruling Dustin Siggins 2 hours ago
- February jobs report – 175,000 jobs added, 6.7% unemployment Steve Eggleston 3 hours ago
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers; Update: CPAC speech added Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago