In response to:
There is no such thing as the "Pension Guarantee Trust!" There is in fact the PBGC, Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation. Quoting from Wikipedia: "The PBGC is not funded by general tax revenues. Its funds come from four sources: 1.Insurance premiums paid by sponsors of defined benefit pension plans; 2.Assets held by the pension plans it takes over; 3.Recoveries of unfunded pension liabilities from plan sponsors' bankruptcy estates; 4.Investment income." The 30% figure quoted below is erroneous also. I am certainly not a proponent of unions, everyone should be allowed to make their own decisions especially when it comes to forced unionization, forced payment of dues and "agency shop" or "union shop."
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 47 mins ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- ISIL is busy building a capital in Syria while Obama dithers Gabriel Malor 4 hours ago