In response to:
There is no such thing as the "Pension Guarantee Trust!" There is in fact the PBGC, Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation. Quoting from Wikipedia: "The PBGC is not funded by general tax revenues. Its funds come from four sources: 1.Insurance premiums paid by sponsors of defined benefit pension plans; 2.Assets held by the pension plans it takes over; 3.Recoveries of unfunded pension liabilities from plan sponsors' bankruptcy estates; 4.Investment income." The 30% figure quoted below is erroneous also. I am certainly not a proponent of unions, everyone should be allowed to make their own decisions especially when it comes to forced unionization, forced payment of dues and "agency shop" or "union shop."
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 23 mins ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Jim Webb: I’m seriously thinking of running for president as a Democrat Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Climate change so important that cable news ignored Obama’s UN speech Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Bill O’Reilly: Why not raise a 25,000-man global mercenary army to fight ISIS? Allahpundit 3 hours ago