In response to:
There is no such thing as the "Pension Guarantee Trust!" There is in fact the PBGC, Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation. Quoting from Wikipedia: "The PBGC is not funded by general tax revenues. Its funds come from four sources: 1.Insurance premiums paid by sponsors of defined benefit pension plans; 2.Assets held by the pension plans it takes over; 3.Recoveries of unfunded pension liabilities from plan sponsors' bankruptcy estates; 4.Investment income." The 30% figure quoted below is erroneous also. I am certainly not a proponent of unions, everyone should be allowed to make their own decisions especially when it comes to forced unionization, forced payment of dues and "agency shop" or "union shop."
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago