It’s a well-established fact that members of Congress more often than not leave Washington far richer than when they arrived. (Just look at how Harry Reid made his money, for example). But at a time of such high unemployment and trillion dollar-plus deficits, should members of Congress really be making $174,000 a year? Perhaps they should. But while this never-ending debate rages on, it’s comforting to know that at least some Congressional lawmakers (mostly Republicans, it seems) recognize the glaring disconnect between Washington’s rich and famous and the average working American. And, to their credit, they are trying to...
Well, they are certainly not worth what they are getting now. If they worked a regular job, they would have been fired a long time ago.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago