California has been at the forefront of ObamaCare implementation, but state lawmakers are facing a major obstacle: There aren’t enough doctors in the state to treat the expected influx of newly-insured patients.
A government council has recommended a physician-to-population ratio of 60 to 80 primary care doctors per 100,000 residents. Only 16 of California’s 58 counties reach this recommended supply of primary care physicians.
With ObamaCare, it’s only going to get worse.
- American super-patriot to Putin: Russia doesn’t conduct mass surveillance like the U.S. does, right? Allahpundit 52 minutes ago
- Video: Old recording reveals GOP governor questioned policy, used salty language Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Fox poll: 61% thinks Obama lies on important matters Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Putin: Yeah, we had soldiers in Crimea before the plebiscite Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago