Your column doesn't describe someone who has fallen away from Christianity. It describes the natural progression of Protestantism, where every man is his own pope, and each is empowered to read scripture for themselves and determine what it means.
One of my readers reached out to me a couple of years ago with the hope that I could help him communicate with his prodigal nephew. The kid had grown up in a Christian home and seemed to be doing well until he enrolled at a local community college. It was there that he decided to abandon his conservative and Christian beliefs. Even worse than that, he decided to replace them by joining a neo-pagan cult. I will not mention the group by name as I do not want to give them more attention than they deserve.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 10 hours ago