Your column doesn't describe someone who has fallen away from Christianity. It describes the natural progression of Protestantism, where every man is his own pope, and each is empowered to read scripture for themselves and determine what it means.
One of my readers reached out to me a couple of years ago with the hope that I could help him communicate with his prodigal nephew. The kid had grown up in a Christian home and seemed to be doing well until he enrolled at a local community college. It was there that he decided to abandon his conservative and Christian beliefs. Even worse than that, he decided to replace them by joining a neo-pagan cult. I will not mention the group by name as I do not want to give them more attention than they deserve.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 8 hours ago