Your column doesn't describe someone who has fallen away from Christianity. It describes the natural progression of Protestantism, where every man is his own pope, and each is empowered to read scripture for themselves and determine what it means.
One of my readers reached out to me a couple of years ago with the hope that I could help him communicate with his prodigal nephew. The kid had grown up in a Christian home and seemed to be doing well until he enrolled at a local community college. It was there that he decided to abandon his conservative and Christian beliefs. Even worse than that, he decided to replace them by joining a neo-pagan cult. I will not mention the group by name as I do not want to give them more attention than they deserve.
- U.S. about to pass Saudi Arabia as largest liquid petroleum producer Bruce McQuain 45 mins ago
- Will Grimes ever give us a straight answer? Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Prosecutor: Suspect in Oklahoma beheading uttered Arabic words during attack Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: Overwhelming majority of Republicans now describe themselves as “hawks” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 4 hours ago