All this reminds me of that mythical Senate hearing where the pompous senator asks a businessman why prices are so high and the businessman answers, "It's the law of supply and demand, Senator." To which the senator replies, "Well, then, we'll just have to repeal that law." Over and over our governments try to legislate against the laws of economics and then wonder why there are always "unintended consequences" that are worse than the original problem. Minimum wage laws are a perfect example. I suppose the politicians must believe that if they ignore the consequences, higher unemployment, a lagging economy, that they'll somehow go away. Of course, they don't. All minimum wage laws should be the ones repealed.
- Mike Pence’s experiment in state-run media throttled to death in its crib Noah Rothman 31 mins ago
- It begins: Top Romney advisor jumps ship to Jeb Bush, will serve as national campaign manager Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Scott Walker: Practitioner of ‘racially polarized politics?’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Prepare to be shocked: One of the ‘Taliban Five’ is probably back on the battlefield Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Evil rich people can enjoy the simple life too Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Surprise: Red states getting deeper cuts in federal grants Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago