All this reminds me of that mythical Senate hearing where the pompous senator asks a businessman why prices are so high and the businessman answers, "It's the law of supply and demand, Senator." To which the senator replies, "Well, then, we'll just have to repeal that law." Over and over our governments try to legislate against the laws of economics and then wonder why there are always "unintended consequences" that are worse than the original problem. Minimum wage laws are a perfect example. I suppose the politicians must believe that if they ignore the consequences, higher unemployment, a lagging economy, that they'll somehow go away. Of course, they don't. All minimum wage laws should be the ones repealed.
- Pierson to Congress: White House intrusion will never happen again Ed Morrissey 14 mins ago
- Report: Semi-retired president has skipped more than half of his daily security briefings this year Allahpundit 54 mins ago
- Intelligence warned Obama of ISIS since 2012? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama Takes Media Heat For Shifting Blame On ISIL Gabriel Malor 2 hours ago
- Turkish parliament to vote on joining anti-ISIS coalition Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- SCOTUS blocks extended early voting options in Ohio Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago