All this reminds me of that mythical Senate hearing where the pompous senator asks a businessman why prices are so high and the businessman answers, "It's the law of supply and demand, Senator." To which the senator replies, "Well, then, we'll just have to repeal that law." Over and over our governments try to legislate against the laws of economics and then wonder why there are always "unintended consequences" that are worse than the original problem. Minimum wage laws are a perfect example. I suppose the politicians must believe that if they ignore the consequences, higher unemployment, a lagging economy, that they'll somehow go away. Of course, they don't. All minimum wage laws should be the ones repealed.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 7 hours ago