All this reminds me of that mythical Senate hearing where the pompous senator asks a businessman why prices are so high and the businessman answers, "It's the law of supply and demand, Senator." To which the senator replies, "Well, then, we'll just have to repeal that law." Over and over our governments try to legislate against the laws of economics and then wonder why there are always "unintended consequences" that are worse than the original problem. Minimum wage laws are a perfect example. I suppose the politicians must believe that if they ignore the consequences, higher unemployment, a lagging economy, that they'll somehow go away. Of course, they don't. All minimum wage laws should be the ones repealed.
- McCain to Rand Paul: Have you ever been to Syria and met with ISIS like I have? Allahpundit 22 mins ago
- Sure sounds like Mike Huckabee is thinking of running for president Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Ron Fournier, Aaron Klein, Fr. Bill Miscamble Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news: On taxes, the US beats France, Portugal, and … that’s about it Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama’s request for authorization to arm the Syrian “moderates” is a sound one Allahpundit 3 hours ago