Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
When the Supreme Court ruled the "Progressive Income Tax" as constitutional, it was probably their worst decision ever. The Dred Scott decision was bad, but it was based on facts that while unfortunate, were facts nonetheless. For the court to say that progressive tax rates were okay because they treated everyone equal who was "equally situated" is a joke as anyone who ever looked at the various loopholes and other methods used by politicians to favor one group or person over another knows full well. What it was is exactly what it has become, a way for lower earning, less successful (less motivated? more "work averse") people to vote more taxes on the higher earning, more successful ones. Disgusting.
- Report: Jewish residents being forced to “register” by pro-Russian militants in eastern Ukrainian city; Update: U.S. ambassador confirms Allahpundit 42 minutes ago
- NBC: Isn’t it great to have a multi-billionaire pour money into politics? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- American super-patriot to Putin: Russia doesn’t conduct mass surveillance like the U.S. does, right? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Old recording reveals GOP governor questioned policy, used salty language Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Fox poll: 61% thinks Obama lies on important matters Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Comment registration is now open! Update: Closed Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago