A friend of mine (who I won’t name) has fallen for this several times. The hoaxes perpetrated against him eventually evolved to the point of fake woman needing money to get out of some horrible situation that...
Hmm, very interesting. Of course I'm familiar with how people use the anonymity of the Internet to make outrageous, often nasty comments that they would never make face to face with anyone, but I didn't realize it could also allow people to bear their soul like this. I suppose it makes sense in a way, though.
Who hasn’t laughed at the revelation that Notre Dame football star Manti Te’o had a “fake” girlfriend? I meant to spend five minutes on the subject on my radio show and ended up doing an hour and then making fun of it randomly throughout all three hours. As funny as it is, and it is pretty funny, it’s also not foreign to me.
- Report: ISIS just seized a bunch of uranium in Iraq Noah Rothman 36 minutes ago
- Germany expels US embassy official over spying row Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Israel escalates offensive in Gaza, Hamas rocket commander killed Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air interview with Marco Rubio on border crisis, Hobby Lobby Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago