Good article. A decreasing velocity is a a way to hide the true inflation that is being introduced by QE, which is really just the increase in the money and not increase in prices. This inflation will not show up in prices if productivity increases proportionately, or if velocity decreases proportionately. It's not hard to figure out which is the current situation. If velocity ever does tend back toward traditional values with productivity shackled by the endless march of new programs and regulations, just watch how fast prices rise. It won't be pretty.
- Joe Scarborough on Israel: “We cannot be associated with this if this continues” Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Clintons on unauthorized bios: “Should neither be allowed nor enabled” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Male justices can’t understand Hobby Lobby case because genitals Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Democrats fumbling their way to turnout debacle? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago