Good article. A decreasing velocity is a a way to hide the true inflation that is being introduced by QE, which is really just the increase in the money and not increase in prices. This inflation will not show up in prices if productivity increases proportionately, or if velocity decreases proportionately. It's not hard to figure out which is the current situation. If velocity ever does tend back toward traditional values with productivity shackled by the endless march of new programs and regulations, just watch how fast prices rise. It won't be pretty.
- FAA orders 24-hour moratorium on US to Tel Aviv over missile worries Ed Morrissey 23 minutes ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Raffi Williams, Dustin Siggins, William Jacobson Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Conservatives get a big 2014 boost from ‘fatal blow’ to Obamacare Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- On the other hand: Fourth Circuit upholds ObamaCare subsidies for federal exchange consumers Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- White House: It’s business as usual on subsidies after Halbig Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- July Crisis: Ukraine alleges a Russian military officer pulled the trigger on MH17 Noah Rothman 3 hours ago