Good article. A decreasing velocity is a a way to hide the true inflation that is being introduced by QE, which is really just the increase in the money and not increase in prices. This inflation will not show up in prices if productivity increases proportionately, or if velocity decreases proportionately. It's not hard to figure out which is the current situation. If velocity ever does tend back toward traditional values with productivity shackled by the endless march of new programs and regulations, just watch how fast prices rise. It won't be pretty.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 6 hours ago