In response to:
I am a fully practicing Catholic who believes the church's position on this is misguided at the very least. Illegal immigrants are INVADERS, not Immigrants. The church teaches that unjust laws are no laws at all, but immigration laws, whereby a country enforces control of it's borders, are not unjust laws. They are necessary means to maintain the integrity of the country. In other words, without controlled borders, the meaning of "country" really has no meaning. Therefore, when people break our immigration laws by sneaking in unauthorized and not going through proper channels, they are lawbreakers who should be deported at the very least. Many countries (incidentally including Mexico) punish illegal invaders with prison BEFORE deportation. Immigration reform should only include things connected with maintaining border control. No illegal invader should be REWARDED for breaking our laws, period. And there is no injustice in that.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 10 hours ago