But wait. While they play the conventional game of aspiration, certain scholars and economists, and hundreds of thousands of "concerned citizens" have initiated a...
Tax University and College Endowment Investment and Asset Fund one time at 50% for balances over $100 Million. Estimated that over 70 colleges and universities have over $1 Billion or more in these funds. Then have these investment portfolios taxed at the same short and long term capital gains rates. Eliminate the tax exempt loop hole. These institutions are the real 1%ers. Use the TAX to create a student loan forgiveness program requiring 500 hours of community service for every $10,000 of student loan forgiveness. 100% loan forgiveness for those who enlist in the military and receive an honorable discharge.- GI Bill in reverse which will upgrade the level of military incoming recruits. Cap Gains tax use for a"legal immigration" fund.
The last of the college applications have been rewritten, tweaked and polished, and at last entrusted to the tender mercies of the U.S. Mail or the Internet. Fretting over deadlines morphs into waiting, and yearning, wishing and praying for coveted letters of acceptance. This is the annual crisis in thousands of homes with ambitious high school seniors -- the high school seniors and their parents who still believe that college is the route to the American Dream.
- Ireland to Obama: You know what we’d like for St. Patrick’s Day? Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- House/Senate showdown coming over unemployment benefits? Dustin Siggins 1 hour ago
- ABC: Democrats privately admit ObamaCare is “political poison” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Would you care for some ObamaCare with your March Madness? Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- What’s so important about Israel being a “Jewish State,” anyway? Jeff Dunetz 3 hours ago
- Bill Gates on minimum wage hike: “I worry about what that does to job creation.” Kevin Glass 3 hours ago