Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
I pray that both McConnell and Boehner arte strong enough to walk away, let the chips fall where they may, let the Democrats fix the problem they created. I think that if the Republicans give in the party is doomed.
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 14 minutes ago
- Dem donors demand discount for Obama dinners? Ed Morrissey 53 minutes ago
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- The obligatory “LA woman in labor can’t cross street because of Obama’s motorcade” post Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Time: The West is losing Cold War II Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Arizona inmate takes nearly two hours to die by lethal injection in botched execution Allahpundit 3 hours ago