Earlier this week, President Obama called for even higher taxes on wealthy Americans in the future to tackle our massive debt and deficit problems even after hiking taxes on 77 percent of Americans in the fiscal cliff deal. Now, ethics challenged Rep. Maxine Waters, who is now the second most powerful member on the House Banking Committee, is following in Obama's footsteps by calling for further soaking of the rich through taxes on Ed Schultz's radio show. Laughably, Waters also suggests the massive cost of Social Security and Medicare can be offset by taxing the rich, even though confiscating...
In response to:
No matter how anyone tries to frame the tax issue, the bottom line is that the government needs more money and this taxamagedeon isn't going to stop until Obama has his way. It's really pretty simple, anytime it involves our money, we don't deserve it, but, if it's one of the elites who have it, it's leave it alone. The Al Gore deal is a classic example. Say one thing do another.Many people are just so stupid and can't get it, but I guess, if you don't pay taxes, have your hand out constantly awaiting your next money or benefit fix, it doesn't matter.
- Great news: 36% of Americans can name all three branches of government Allahpundit 33 mins ago
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago