When I was in grade school, I remember going to birthday parties at the local bowling alley. Before the games would begin, the workers would install bumpers inside the gutters in order to prevent gutter balls and avoid "failure." When I was growing up, it was common for sports teams to award trophies to all the players so no little kid would have his or her feelings hurt at the end of the season. Today, there are school districts which no longer give out "F'" grades, and hundreds of high schools have removed class ranks so that my generation will feel...
In response to:
At the conclusion of this analysis, the author demonstrates the depths to which we've sunk. "we must support young people who make the bold decision to skip college in their quest to make the world a better place". Do you want me to give you some of my tax money so you can flesh out your dreams for the world as you see how it should be??? Convince me that investing in your idea will be of benefit to me and you will have my support. You have realized part of the problem but still have a little farther to go. Good luck in your awakening.
- Finally: George W. Bush take the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 21 mins ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Elizabeth Warren on Hillary Clinton’s qualifications for 2016: No comment. Noah Rothman 3 hours ago