Am I the only one who thinks it is immoral to bring children into the world if you don't have the means to support them? I must be one of the few. I rarely see anyone else make the point. Before anyone objects, let me concede up front that a lot of things in life are unpredictable. Women become pregnant despite their best efforts to avoid it. Women can lose their husbands from accidents, war and even homicide. Few of us have a tenured job. Few of us are safe from the economic reversal that would attend the loss of a...
If you think that Goodman is not correct I have a story to tell. I was working as a host at a restarant back in the 1990's, and that morning guests had to wait for a table because we were full. One of the female guests told me that she was going to be in some other part of the restaurant and said that I should watch her children for her while she was gone. "Being a typical male in his 50's at the time" I said to her "If I did not share in the pleasure of getting her kids, I was not required to share in the pain." She just looked at me with a blank expression and took care of her kids. These poorly educated children that Goodman talked about are not my responsibility and they are not your's either.
- Nudity, prudity, and double standards on cable television Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Feinstein: CIA snooped on secure Congressional network Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago