Dear Heather, Welfare is the bait on the hook of totalitarianism. Can you not see that this policy you are recommending is a form of totalitarian thinking? Nothing could be further from traditional American conservative thought. What people choose to eat, do, wear, think, say is their own business, not yours, and not the government's. Welfare is a very bad and destructive idea, but if it is going to be doled out, at least leave individuals free to spend it as they wish. That this idea should emanate from a Republican is shocking enough. That you, a presumable conservative, support it, is nothing short of astonishing. And terribly ominous.
- Jolly win has Dems worried about ObamaCare … messaging Ed Morrissey 39 minutes ago
- Video: Obama warns Russia of “cost” in Crimea Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Did Flight 370 continue for four more hours in flight? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- McClatchy: White House hiding 9,000 documents from Senate probe of CIA Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago