Iran signed the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights as long ago as 1948. That's when Iran was ruled by the Shah. That UNDHR...
The UN is so packed with despotisms and Western democracies that tolerate the despotisms, if you start cutting the rotten bits out of that disgusting fruit you'd be left with almost nothing. Okay, Canada and Israel, the last decent states - and the US when it frees itself from the present UN-loving leadership. Not enough to call itself an organization of united nations. But let it perish. It not only does no good, it does a great deal of harm.
Every fall, it seems, Americans are subjected to the ugly spectacle of Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad coming to New York to address the UN General Assembly. There, at the podium, he is placed on a par with President Obama, Prime Minister David Cameron, France's Francois Hollande, and other leaders of civilized states. Ahmadinejad has used this podium to spew his anti-American, anti-Israel hatred. And yet he receives hearty applause from the Islamist delegates seated before him.
- Change: Obama set to delay executive amnesty until after the midterms? Allahpundit 18 mins ago
- End of an era: Chelsea Clinton leaves NBC Ed Morrissey 57 mins ago
- Inside the collapse of Obama’s Syria ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Politico, WaPo, ABC: This “no strategy” comment will do serious damage Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 3 hours ago