I could not disagree more with the writer of this scathing article. "Skyfall" is an excellent patriotic film, the best Bond ever. Profit is a good motive. There is very little "top secret" or even just "secret' information that needs to be kept from the public, and those who expose what governments are up to (almost always no good, whatever governments they are) are on the whole doing us all a favor. And the freedom of the internet - always under threat - is a very good thing.
Anyone who has seen the latest James Bond film, "Skyfall," would be hard-pressed to find any traditional espionage tradecraft. More actual spying would have meant less of Daniel Craig running around in a too-tight suit chasing bad guys. When the villain -- in this case a cyberterrorist played masterfully by Javier Bardem -- is able to turn around and say to Bond, "Why are you doing all this running around and wasting your energy?", anyone who knows anything about real spying is tempted to yell at the screen, "Because the script is garbage and there is no espionage written into this...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- CBO: ObamaCare premiums and healthcare spending will rise by less than expected, because… Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago