New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
How come politicians and anyone in a position of power are exempt from having to under go physiological exam? Anti-gun people insist a gun owner is automatically nuts. But yet they don't question the powers to be. It should be automatic for a person in the government be tested by an independent physiological exam. Here is my prediction for the future if we are to turn in our guns. With in a year of doing so we will see a large increase in crime witch has been proven in other countries that have new gun control laws, with in a year there is going to be major increase of attacks from terrorist in this country. When this happens those of them that support gun control will blame it on something else.
- Prosecutor: Suspect in Oklahoma beheading uttered Arabic words during attack Allahpundit 34 mins ago
- Poll: Overwhelming majority of Republicans now describe themselves as “hawks” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 1 hour ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Brian Barcaro, Joel Pollak Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Name That Operation? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Report: U.S. accidentally bombed “moderate” rebels in Syria — because their base was right next to Al Qaeda’s Allahpundit 3 hours ago