Timing is everything in politics. For four years, I angered conservatives by insisting Barack Obama would get reelected. I figured that an electorate willing to elect a man with ideas and a record that far to the left in 2008 would do so again. I began changing my view, however, after the first presidential debate. Over the last three or four weeks, I became confident that Mitt Romney would defeat Obama.
Fortunately for Obama, two forces intervened to rescue him. One was the mainstream media, which ensured that Benghazi, Hurricane Sandy, and the increase in the
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 36 mins ago
- New flier from Georgia Democrats: You must vote in November to … prevent another Ferguson Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The (still) shifting transcripts of the President’s remarks Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Bombshell: Mark Pryor called desegregation of schools a ‘figurative’ invasion Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago