Timing is everything in politics. For four years, I angered conservatives by insisting Barack Obama would get reelected. I figured that an electorate willing to elect a man with ideas and a record that far to the left in 2008 would do so again. I began changing my view, however, after the first presidential debate. Over the last three or four weeks, I became confident that Mitt Romney would defeat Obama.
Fortunately for Obama, two forces intervened to rescue him. One was the mainstream media, which ensured that Benghazi, Hurricane Sandy, and the increase in the
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 12 mins ago
- VA whistleblower: IG “softened” report on veteran deaths Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- LA Senate poll: Landrieu stuck in the mid-40′s, undecideds strongly disapprove of Obama Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago