In the recent issue of Newsmax magazine, I am quoted as saying that former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee would be the best choice for the GOP ticket. And in many ways he still would be a superlative choice. Huckabee...
David....Your post seems to indicate that you are either Hispanic or are sympathetic. Time for some straight talk to everyone that reads this blog. I'm a white guy that has lived on the Texas/Mexico border since 1967. 95% of the Rio Grande Valley are Hispanic, many of which are illegal. I am fully aware of the "huge, growing demographic nationwide". One has only to stop and ask yourself, why this is the case. The hard truth is that the Hispanic population seems to have a serious overbreeding problem. According to the Catholic Church, this is perfectly acceptable and they encourage it. I'm not sure if the problem stems from a "conscious" or an "unconsicous" effort on their part. Education: 2nd largest dropout rate in country.
Yes, this column is based out of Florida, so it would seem that an opinion piece suggesting that Marco Rubio makes the most sense for vice president on the Republican side would normally appear to be "home cooking." But until recently, there have been plenty of reasons to believe that perhaps other names made more sense as a choice for Mitt Romney.
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 13 mins ago
- Among us: Officials confirm American ISIS fighters have returned to United States Noah Rothman 53 mins ago
- Buzzfeed finds more lifted text in Mary Burke’s campaign; Update: Burke: Hey, no biggie Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Will the press find Panetta and Clinton’s pangs of conscience as compelling as Colin Powell’s? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “F*** it, I quit”: Alaska reporter resigns on air after revealing she runs the cannabis club she just reported on Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- What does the Hillary-Alinksy letter reveal? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago