In the recent issue of Newsmax magazine, I am quoted as saying that former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee would be the best choice for the GOP ticket. And in many ways he still would be a superlative choice. Huckabee...
David....Your post seems to indicate that you are either Hispanic or are sympathetic. Time for some straight talk to everyone that reads this blog. I'm a white guy that has lived on the Texas/Mexico border since 1967. 95% of the Rio Grande Valley are Hispanic, many of which are illegal. I am fully aware of the "huge, growing demographic nationwide". One has only to stop and ask yourself, why this is the case. The hard truth is that the Hispanic population seems to have a serious overbreeding problem. According to the Catholic Church, this is perfectly acceptable and they encourage it. I'm not sure if the problem stems from a "conscious" or an "unconsicous" effort on their part. Education: 2nd largest dropout rate in country.
Yes, this column is based out of Florida, so it would seem that an opinion piece suggesting that Marco Rubio makes the most sense for vice president on the Republican side would normally appear to be "home cooking." But until recently, there have been plenty of reasons to believe that perhaps other names made more sense as a choice for Mitt Romney.
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 17 mins ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 57 mins ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 3 hours ago