In the recent issue of Newsmax magazine, I am quoted as saying that former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee would be the best choice for the GOP ticket. And in many ways he still would be a superlative choice. Huckabee...
David....Your post seems to indicate that you are either Hispanic or are sympathetic. Time for some straight talk to everyone that reads this blog. I'm a white guy that has lived on the Texas/Mexico border since 1967. 95% of the Rio Grande Valley are Hispanic, many of which are illegal. I am fully aware of the "huge, growing demographic nationwide". One has only to stop and ask yourself, why this is the case. The hard truth is that the Hispanic population seems to have a serious overbreeding problem. According to the Catholic Church, this is perfectly acceptable and they encourage it. I'm not sure if the problem stems from a "conscious" or an "unconsicous" effort on their part. Education: 2nd largest dropout rate in country.
Yes, this column is based out of Florida, so it would seem that an opinion piece suggesting that Marco Rubio makes the most sense for vice president on the Republican side would normally appear to be "home cooking." But until recently, there have been plenty of reasons to believe that perhaps other names made more sense as a choice for Mitt Romney.
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago