Sequestration would force the government to reduce discretionary spending by about $1.2 trillion over the next decade. Roughly half of that, or $600 billion, would come from defense -- a...
Flagged - shove your caps lock key up your bung hole.
Republicans, and many Democrats, are upset by the prospect of so-called sequestration cuts to the nation's defense budget. Pentagon chief Leon Panetta is so alarmed that the day before the Senate took up what became the "fiscal cliff" agreement, he called a key Republican lawmaker, Sen. Lindsey Graham, to express deep concern that the cuts might go into effect. As it turned out, Congress put them off for two months.
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 58 mins ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 4 hours ago