As I pointed out above, the key is job creation and not worrying about how much people at the top are making. When there's enough job creation, you don't need to mandate a minimum wage because wages will rise automatically. Plus, you don't have the bad effects of a mandated minimum wage, which is the refusal by employers to hire people whose work isn't worth the minimum wage.
By the same reasoning, no one needs to make $60,000 per year when $40,000 is adequate, especially when there are lots of people in your field who are unemployed or barely making it. I'm talking about the salaries of tenured liberal and leftist professors. What drove me away from the left was watching the callous disregard of liberal and leftist professors making very good money, while we adjuncts got a pittance.
Here's what you should be saying. "Income inequality is less of a problem than the lack of jobs. The important thing is to have as much job creation as possible, especially for young people. Redistribution would be at best a temporary solution, but creating jobs would be a permanent one." Once you start telling leftists to just accept income equality or else pointing out the causes of income equality, you've lost. You have to change the subject.

Hugo Chavez: Faithful to Death

JFP Wrote: Mar 07, 2013 8:19 AM
Going to Cuba for medical care is what Latins do. They actually believe the hype. Diego Maradona needed medical treatment as a result of drug use, and he couldn't get into the U.S., so he opted for Cuba.

The Coddling of College Hate Crime Hoaxers

JFP Wrote: Mar 06, 2013 5:46 PM
You went to Oberlin? How did you manage to come out so sane and normal?
Whenever leftists talk this way, I remind them that Harvard's endowment is too big.
At first I thought, "What the ... ?" Then I looked at the name. Sure enough, it was Loyal Democrat, who loves to mock leftist thinking by pretending to believe it.

The Silent Conquest of a Continent

JFP Wrote: Feb 03, 2013 8:21 AM
I think most atheists are misjudging the current powers of Christianity and Islam in the West. They think Christianity is still an enormous force, and so they think Muslims here would act as a counterweight against it. It's a big mistake.

15 Lies of Liberalism

JFP Wrote: Jan 26, 2013 7:56 AM
Re: 11. They don't care about women in Muslim countries or in Muslim enclaves in Europe, either.

A Religious Taboo

JFP Wrote: Jan 25, 2013 9:30 AM
"Obama, Obama, there are still a billion Osamas." That was spoken by protesters in Egypt around the time of the Benghazi attack. It represents the thinking of people who are closer to what is happening in the Islamic world than Obama or any of his advisers are. Who should I believe? I'm going with the protesters. I'm disappointed this slogan disappeared so quickly from our nation's consciousness. Conservatives need to bring it up as frequently as possible.

Al-Qaida in the Heart of Africa

JFP Wrote: Jan 18, 2013 9:18 AM
"Obama, Obama, there are still a billion Osamas." It's really too bad that this slogan, from some protesters in Egypt, wasn't given more press coverage.