John, I'm glad to see that you have learned that you don't need to put numerals in the title of every column you write. I have read some of your stuff and like it. I will read more if you totally give up the numerals.

Waiting For Walker

JFK Democrat Wrote: Jan 22, 2015 10:22 AM
I'm not worried about civics problems. I'm worried about more socialists occupying the Oval Office. Candidates with non-white faces is the only way that the GOP or any other conservative party will win elections. The Dems forced the Obama campaign to deliver, and in the end it delivered for them. Now conservative parties need to do the same thing---- force the campaign of a non-white candidate. It is silly to keep ignoring the rapidly changing ethnic demographics of the electorate.

Early Presidential Prospects

JFK Democrat Wrote: Jan 22, 2015 8:53 AM
There is very little history of senators or brain surgeons winning presidential elections. Governors have a big history of winning presidential elections.

Waiting For Walker

JFK Democrat Wrote: Jan 22, 2015 8:43 AM
What they should consider, and what we WANT them to consider, are two different things. You and the GOP need to deal with the reality of why some groups vote they way they do. The sooner the GOP figures that out the sooner they can win big.

Waiting For Walker

JFK Democrat Wrote: Jan 22, 2015 8:40 AM
95% of Blacks currently vote Democrat. There is nothing "wrong here". It is merely a fact. The reality of how Blacks and other minorities vote, and why, simply is what it is. When Hermain Cain was still a GOP contender a few years ago, polls showed him getting between 25 to 30% of the Black vote. Was his face white, or black? Three times more Black's trusted him than trusted a white GOP face stating the same policies. That fact doesn't bother me and I hold no animosity toward the Black community for it. My only motivation regarding this issue is that the GOP adjust their strategies based on the reality.

Waiting For Walker

JFK Democrat Wrote: Jan 22, 2015 4:52 AM
15% of the Black vote doesn't sound like much but it would be 3 times better than the current 5% that the GOP receives. That change alone could make a huge difference for the GOP on election day.

Waiting For Walker

JFK Democrat Wrote: Jan 22, 2015 4:47 AM
The GOP candidate must be Jindal. Independent minorities aren't going to vote for a white face, like Walker. Jindal can draw 15% of the Black vote, at least 50% of the Hispanic vote and 20% of the Asian vote. Those percentages, along with 99% of the conservative white vote would be devastating to the Dems. I personally would vote for Walker too, but my personal opinions won't get Walker elected. The GOP has to deal with rapidly changing ethnic demographics ASAP. I think all 3 of those demographics are absolutely hungry to vote for someone off of the plantation. But that someone has to look somewhat similar to them, or at least similar to their complexion. That those groups would use that as a criterion doesn't bother me. I only want to find a way to reach them. The GOP is running on vapors and has no time left for their traditional methods.
Rachel, No Go Zones. You need to do more homework. It's too late for your thoughtful, diplomatic strategies.
If a inmates can be prevented from voting, why can't hygienic requirements be placed on them as well? I thought the idea of imprisonment is to limit liberties.

Early Presidential Prospects

JFK Democrat Wrote: Jan 21, 2015 6:38 PM
my TYPO: "...... 99% of the white vote..." I meant to type, "..... 99% of the conservative white vote...." But--- I'm sticking to my percentages regarding Blacks, Hispanics and Asians.